Figure Position

From: Kristen Richter
Subject: Figure Position
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:20:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I am attempting to apply the position property to several figures in order them
to tile them across the screen.  After reading the online Matlab
manual, it seems like the appropriate commands are

figure('Position',[left bottom width height])
or even set(figure(#),'Position',[left bottom width height])

However, using these commands in Octave only produces a figure that auto-tiles
with my command window.  When I query get(figure(#),'Position'), I get my input
back, as if the figure created was actually at this position. And I've
double-triple-checked the units I'm using.

Once, in my harried quest to get this working, I managed to change the offset
of the auto-tiling, but reviewing over my command history, I cannot seem to
reproduce this.

I've spent some time searching wikis for problems other people have posted and
reading a little over the archives (since Jan-09) of this mailing list and
haven't found anything similar to what I am experiencing, though I understand
that Octave and gnuplot may be unaware of any resizing or change in position
that I do with my mouse.  I'm not sure if this is an area where development for
Octave hasn't reached, but the 'Position' property seems like a commonly used
handle.

Any light that could be shed on this situation would be greatly appreciated.
And I'm running the latest version of octave, 3.2.0, compiled in Ubuntu without
arpack (couldn't get this working).

-Kristen