Re: Plotting with 3.2.0 on Windows is SLOOOOOOWWWW

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Plotting with 3.2.0 on Windows is SLOOOOOOWWWW
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:30:40 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Francesco Potorti`  wrote:

> I have not understood the last paragraph, however the memory amount
> between the two systems (512M versus 1G) could make a significant
> difference, if the working set of the kernel, octave and gnuplot exceeds
> 512MB.

It is possible. However the slowness did not occur on octave 3.2.0 on
cygwin-1.7.

See
http://www.nabble.com/Re:-Plotting-with-3.2.0-on-Windows-is-SLOOOOOOWWWW-p24706929.html

Do you think that Octave 3.2.0 on cygwin uses smaller size of memory than that
by octave 3.2.0 native
to windows (octave built by MinGW) ?

I cannot deny the possibility at the moment.

Anyway I would like to test John's patch at the computer in my home.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/