Problems in function voronoin

From: Gopinath Subramanian
Subject: Problems in function voronoin
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:52:51 -0400

Hi, everyone.

I'm trying to compute the voronoi polygons (in 3D) of a set of points

P = [Px Py Pz]

I use

[vpoints vind] = voronoin(P);

vind is a cell array, and each element of vind now defines a polygon. There are as many elements in vind as there are in Px. (i.e. length(P) = length(vind))

However, there does not seem to be a one-to-one correspondence between the elements of vind and P, and I was wondering if there is a way of finding out which point of P does the polygon defined by vind(i) correspond to?

Many thanks.

Gopinath.