Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:49:16 -0400

On May 31, 2009, at 4:59 PM, ws wrote:
I just ALMOST compiled octave on my mac, linking to the Mac Port libraries.

Well now I have a similar question.  My missing symbols are

Undefined symbols:
  "_CGDisplayPixelsHigh", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGDisplayPixelsWide", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGDisplayBitsPerPixel", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGMainDisplayID", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGDisplayScreenSize", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

and come when linking liboctinterp.dylib.  Any hint what I'm missing?

This is on an Intel Mac running 10.5, where I haven't compiled Octave before. I don't seem to have the problem on my 10.4 powerbook. Same problem in 3.2.0-rc4 and in the current tip.

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin