Re: dlmread

From: Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson
Subject: Re: dlmread
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 11:04:12 +0000

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 06:34:59PM +0800, Keshab Man Shrestha (Dr) wrote:
> Hello,
>
>                I would like to use dlmread that reads delimited files
> starting from row different from the first row. I see that dlmread is
> implemented using the C++ but I do not know how to install this. In the
> package I see dlmwrite but not dlmread. Any help on this is highly
> appreciated.

I guess there is some reason that this function is marked as not
implemented on the website of octave-forge but if you want to give it
a try anyway issue the following command: mkoctfile dlmread.cc

be sure to have all the neccesery development libraries installed.

When you have an executable file dlmread.oct you can place that one in
somewhere octave recognises as an executable path (see the path
command).

HTH

Oli