Re: Octave with Excel or .Net

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Octave with Excel or .Net
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:26:04 +0200

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Charles Mensah Dapaah-Siakwan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have just started playing with octave and was wondering whether there is a
> way of using Octave as a backend and .Net or Excel as a front end, I know
> this is possible in Matlab and just wondered whether its possible.
>

> Thanks
>
> Charles

Hi,

Octave can be used from Python using Pytave
(https://launchpad.net/pytave). If it's possible to script Excel in
Python (it's possible with OpenOffice Calc), this should be a way to
do it. Ruby also has bindings to Octave. I'm not aware of Mono/.NET
bindings, but I would estimate it as a project of similar size to
Pytave (a few thousand lines of code).
regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek