Re: Can't plot with GNUPlot

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Can't plot with GNUPlot
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:24:59 +0900 (JST)

Hello Bo Yang

>From your previous post
https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/attachments/20090518/614c314b/attachment.html

I guess that you are using redhat.

Origin of your trouble perhaps exist in the gnuplot but not octave

Can you execute gnuplot from the shell prompt and see like the below ?

$gnuplot

        G N U P L O T
        Version 4.3 patchlevel 0
        last modified March 2009
        System: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.25(0.156/4/2)

        Copyright (C) 1986-1993, 1998, 2004, 2007-2009
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

        Type `help` to access the on-line reference manual.
        The gnuplot FAQ is available from
                http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/

        Send comments and help requests to  <address@hidden>
        Send bug reports and suggestions to <address@hidden>

Terminal type set to 'x11'
gnuplot>

The above is a snapshot of gnuplot 4.3 (cvs) on cygwin.

The version of gnuplot is not related with your trouble.

Do you see the following?

Terminal type set to 'x11'
gnuplot>

If you can see the above your gnuplot perhaps is broken.

Regards

Tatsuro