Re: Windows installer for a GPL C++ program

From: Mats Hedlund
Subject: Re: Windows installer for a GPL C++ program
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:17:10 -0600

This discussion seems wasteful since, AFAIK, the sound and prudent
decision of not distributing has already been taken. Who knows how many
other projects should do the same? But I can't see it's a question for
this list.
After all, there's no harm since MinGW provides a good, and in FLOSS
terms, superior alternative to MSVC++.
Main complaints seems to come from users that don't quite understand
FLOSS projects and need some education. Hopefully MinGW will help them
learn. Maybe someone will even come along and make a MinGW binary
available for distribution;)
Or, just install GNU/Linux on their box and then install a sandboxed
virtual windows host for the occasional need of MS solutions:)