Re: FFT and 'uneven' time data

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: Re: FFT and 'uneven' time data
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:49:15 +0200

Hi Robert,
FFT assumes on an equidistant grid. That is why you need to specify a
frequency axis. If your data are not equidistant you have three choices:
- resample your data
- calculate the Fourier transform using its definiation (slow)
- cut you data in part that have an equidistant axis and add the partial
FFT spectra.

Martijn