Re: Turn off TeX for legend labels

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Turn off TeX for legend labels
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:03:16 -0400

On Apr 15, 2009, at 4:07 AM, andy buckle wrote:

Ivan Sutoris wrote:

lh = plot(1:5) % returns handle to line object
legend('\xi')
set(lh, 'interpreter', 'none')

Regards
Ivan Sutoris

plot(X, Y, 'b','interpreter','none')

Similar to Ivan's advice, this is stopping rendering of Greek, but I am
still getting subscripts from underscores.

hmmm ... my understanding was that the properties set via the plot command applied to the line objects created. Line objects do not have a "interpreter" property. Your example gives an error in Matlab, but does not in Octave.

I'd assume Octave should give an error, but does not.

Perhaps I'm confused. What objects do you expect this to impact?

Ben