Re: Setting a gnuplot command line option from within Octave

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: Setting a gnuplot command line option from within Octave
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:25:21 -0600

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 4:17 PM, E. Joshua Rigler wrote:
>
>> I'm running Octave 3.0.4, and have the "plot" package installed from
>> Octave Forge in order to use the ginput.m function.  One problem:  I
>> cannot read in the 'q' character without closing the plot window.
>> Gnuplot seems to have a '-ctrlq' command line option that forces the
>> user to type Ctrl-q to close an open plot window, but I'm not sure how
>> to take advantage of this from within Octave.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> -EJR
>
> The gnuplot manual indicates you can add ’gnuplot*ctrlq’ to  your .Xdefaults
> or .Xresources file and get what you want.
>
> If it works, let us know. I tried to to this on Mac OSX Leopard. However, I
> ended up with problems running my X11.
>
> Ben

Huh, I guess I didn't dig deep enough into the help to find that.  A
quick test confirms that this does what I expect, at least once I call
xrdb to reload the X resource file.  I'll post a follow-up if I run
into any problems later on.   FYI, I'm running Octave on RH Enterprise
v4, 64-bit.  Thanks for the tip.

-Josh