Re: problem about returning a matrix

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: problem about returning a matrix
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:32:47 +0200

On 7 Apr 2009, at 13:54, ozalpi wrote:

Hi, we want to develop a function that returns a matrix but we couldn't be able to convert this matrix or more simply a list to an octave_value_list to return the result. Only the first element of the matrix is seen from octave.
Can anyone help us about this problem we have?

Our code segment is:

#include <octave/oct.h>
DEFUN_DLD(...)
{
octave_value_list retval;
for(int i = 0; i < row1; i++)
{
        for(int j = 0; j < column1; j++)
        {
                out >> x;
                retval(i*column1 + j)=octave_value(x);
        }
}
return retval;
}

this function, as it stands, returns each element of the matrix as a separate variable..
I guess what you want to do is rather something like

#include <octave/oct.h>
DEFUN_DLD(...)
{
Matrix A;