Re: Building Octave Statically (and without graphics)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building Octave Statically (and without graphics)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:51:01 -0500

http://www.pdc.kth.se/resources/computers/bluegene/bgloctave/mpitb-octave-on-bgl

| There would be much (some?) rejoicing if someone would tackle a
| --build-static-octave configure option...

If you build Octave this way, is it OK to completely disable the
ability to use .oct and .mex functions?  Or do you want some (easy)
way to be able to do something like put a bunch of .cc files (that
would normally be used to build a set of .oct files) in a directory
and have them built as part of Octave?  I think that might be
possible, but would require more work for mex files since they all
use the same function name (mexFunction).

jwe