Re: Gnuplot hangs on Windows XP

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Gnuplot hangs on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:03:38 +0100

>>>The fact that the plot is not updated when you resize the window is the
>>>normal behavior of gnuplot: you have to force a replot to update the
>>>window, for instance by changing the grid mode. There's no way around
>>>that.
>>
>> Is that true on Windows?  On Linux, gnuplot's plot is resized together
>> with the window, using Octave 3.0.1 and Gnuplot 4.2.4.
>
>It depends what you mean by "resized". From my experience using the
>wxt terminal, when the window is resized, the bitmap buffer containing
>the plot is resized, as you would scale an image, keeping it's aspect ratio.
>Expanding by a large scaling factor leads then to pixelization (or blurring,
>if the expanded bitmap is filtered). Triggering a replot then recreate a new
>bitmap buffer of the correct size and gives you a much nicer (shaper)
>result.

On Debian using X the plot is clearly redrawn, I can tell because the
lines have always the same artifacts and antialising, and the numbers on
the axes remain the same size.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040