Displaying RGB images

From: mcmikel
Subject: Displaying RGB images
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:49:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I just installed Octave 3.0.3. When I try to display a NxMx3 RGB image with
imshow() or image() the result is too bright and wrong colors are used. It
seems that both functions depend on the number entries of the current
colormap. When the colormap is changed the output also changes. Shouldn't
RGBs be independent of the colormap?
When I use imagesc() everything is fine, although the according to the docs
only imshow() can display RGB images.
Is this a bug or are the docs outdated?

I use:
- Octave 3.0.3 on Windows XP