Re: Strings in Octave and Matlab

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Strings in Octave and Matlab
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 20:59:52 +0100

ons, 07 01 2009 kl. 19:58 +0100, skrev Matthias Brennwald:
> I'd be willing to spend some time for this. However, I have
> absolutely no idea how and where to tackle this. I am 'just' yet
> another Octave user, i.e. I have no clue about how to modify Octave
> itself. So, if someone has an idea and would be willing to get me
> started...

The 'warning' function is defined in 'src/error.cc', so you can start by
looking at that. One way to handle this situation, would be to add some
code that (in C++ like pseudo-code) looks kinda like this

  bool print_warning = true;
  if (Vno_warnings_from_core_functions)
    {
      const octave_function *cur = octave_call_stack::current ();
      const std::string cur_name = cur->fcn_file_name ();
      if (function_is_in_default_path (cur_name))
        print_warning = false;
    }

Here you need to introduce the 'Vno_warnings_from_core_functions'
variable, and make it user adjustable. You also need to create the
'function_is_in_default_path' function, and handle the 'print_warning'
boolean.

I haven't thought too much about this, so the above sketch might be
total crap...

Søren