interactively modifying a "1d" plot with the mouse?

From: roumba
Subject: interactively modifying a "1d" plot with the mouse?
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:24:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to modify the plot of a monodimensional array,
using the mouse.
Basically I need to be able to drag my mouse over the plotted function and
when I click and drag a point in the curve, that point would move and modify
the curve accordingly. The result of the modifed curve should be returned as
an array.
What would be the easiest way of acheiving this? Is there any octave GUI
module that already does something similar? Should I learn openGL and write
a .oct for that? What would be the best approach?

I am running octave 3.0.1 under OS X 10.4.11 and aquaterm 1.0.1

Thanks and happy new year,

Baba