Re: interactive plotting functionality

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: interactive plotting functionality
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 20:53:17 +0100

Dan Mennitt schrieb:
ok good news. I went straight to step six and rotation works as it should. To test if things were working, I had been making a 2D plot and trying to zoom in by well, trying many things including holding the left or right mouse button to draw a box. No luck, how do you zoom in? I tried adding, "set mouse" to my .gnuplot file to no avail. By the way, the result of getenv("GNUTERM") is a blank ans =, although X11, not aquaterm is what executes and "__gnuplot_version__" gives "ans = 4.2" as expected.

Can you try starting Gnuplot 4.2.3 (I expect you have Gnuplot.app in /Applications ?) with the following line

  GNUTERM=x11 /Applications/Gnuplot.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnuplot

then in Gnuplot.app type a command, eg.

  plot sin (x)

for me zooming works with the right mouse button (click 1 for upper-left, click 2 for lower-right zoom window) or if I use the key-button combination <Apple-key>-(left-mouse-button). Press button 'u' for unzoom.

Best regards,

  Thomas