RE: save and load bug.

From: GARY FORBIS
Subject: RE: save and load bug.
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 08:26:26 +0000

I reloaded Octave again from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078
version 3.0.3.  Since Ben Abbott said the indicated program worked fine on his system I did a bit more testing.

a=-0.03597396637549816
b=[]
for x=1:383
b=[b,a]
end
save stest b
load stest  # this load works.
b=[b,a]
save stest b
load stest # this load fails.

The second load works find when I use the cygwin setup to install Octave but it's version 3.0.2.
Either the problem is the installer for 3.0.3 or version  3.0.3 itself.
Since the load function should be quite stable the issue is likely related to a called routine.

Digging into the code is a bit over my head right now.  I'll give it a try but I'm not looking forward to it.