Re: Graphics object compatibility

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Graphics object compatibility
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:17:23 +0000

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Marco LO <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Listers,
>
> I'm trying to run Matlab script with
>
> s = get(0,'Units');
>
> but I got
>
> warning: get: invalid property `Units'
> error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined
>
> I tried on both graphic engines, gnuplot and JHandles, with the same error.
> I wonder is there any MatlabOctave porting and compatibility guides for
> graphics object?

Graphics support is on-going, but it takes more time than
expected due to lack of time from the developpers.

> What about OctPlot and other Octave packages?  Which one provides the best
> compatibility?

Depending on the octave version you're using, JHandles or octave itself.
For the 3.0.x branch, I think JHandles provides a good (but not
perfect) compatibility.
For the octave development branch, octave itself has a good (but not perfect)
compatibility.

Michael.