Re: compile error please help more help

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: compile error please help more help
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:08:23 +0000

On 14/dic/08, at 14:38, Doug Stewart wrote:

I don't understand PCRE

address@hidden:~$ whereis pcre
pcre:
address@hidden:~$

Is it software that I should install? is it a library?
Doug

PCRE is the library on which the command "regexp" is based (as far as I understand).
On ubuntu I think this is located /usr/lib/libpcre.so
my guess whas that, maybe due to missing/malfunctioning libpcre
the regexp command in your Octave is not working properly so that the
call to regexp in __gnuplot_version__ returns "4.2."
instead of "4.2" or "4.2.2" which would be valid version strings
c.