Re: Numerical Integration

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Numerical Integration
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:39:34 -0500

On Dec 7, 2008, at 6:38 AM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

With more modern Fortran compilers, recursion is no problem (just
declaring the procedure RECURSIVE). A lot of problems with the Fortran
sources could go away if we resigned on compatibility with the ancient
f2c and g77.
The principal obstacle to doing so is that for building with MSVC on
Windows, no suitable Fortran 90 compiler is freely available.

This may qualify as OT, but I'm curious ...

Is there a free version of MSVC available? ... Is MSVC able to use f2c and/or g77, but not g95, gfortran ?

Ben