Re: Image package

From: Robert Fong-tom
Subject: Re: Image package
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:03:36 -0500

On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:14 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Dec 2, 2008, at 4:48 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

tir, 02 12 2008 kl. 16:43 -0500, skrev Robert Fong-tom:
On Dec 2, 2008, at 4:14 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

tir, 02 12 2008 kl. 10:36 -0500, skrev Robert Fong-tom:
Right now I have installed Octave from the binary at SourceForge.net and all the package I need except Image. Image requires ImageMagick. So I used MacPorts to port ImageMagick and then tried to install the Image package from octave.sourceforge.net, but got the errors shown
below. Does anyone know what is going on?

Do you have the development files for ImageMagick installed?
Specifically, you need the C++ headers. That's called something like
libmagick++, although I'm not sure of the name.

Søren

I think I have the headers...I am not totally sure but I have the files:
LibMagick++.1.dylib
LibMagick++.a
LibMagick++.dylib

plus other "*.dylib" files. Do the C++ headers have a specific file
extension?

I don't know Mac, but usually headers have '.h' or '.hpp' extensions. Do
you have such files? In Linux, the package you're needing would be
called something like 'libmagick++-dev', but I don't know Mac so I
cannot say what it's called there...

Søren

The Mac is a unix box, so the headers will be the same as on Linux. However, they may be in a different location.

For example my ImageMagick was installed via the Fink package manager and the include files are located in /sw/include/magick

Ben

Yes I see the headers. In MacPorts they appear to be in /opt/local/ include/ImageMagick. There are also a ton of other files in the "include" directory which may be the includes for the dependencies.

Bob