Java Package on OS X

From: EricAllison
Subject: Java Package on OS X
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:40:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I'm trying to install the Java Package (the latest I could download - 1.2.5)
in the latest version if the OS X Octave.app (3.0.3). I have all the
developer tools installed. I get this error:

octave-3.0.3:2> pkg install java-1.2.5.tar.gz
./configure: line 3195: test: too many arguments
configure: WARNING: this package requires at least Java-1.5
warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string

I'd appreciate any ideas, or a pointer to a link on how to install manually.

Thanks,
Eric