installing packages from SourceForge

From: Robert Fong-tom
Subject: installing packages from SourceForge
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:03:16 -0500

I am using a Mac with OS X and I tried to install the Image package from SourceForge, but ran into problems. While the Octave scripts (ie .m files) loaded, there is a folder (src) in the package containing .cc files which did not load. Can anyone enlighten me on how to install the C++ files? In addition there is a dependency on ImageMagick. Does anyone know if there is a version for OS X out there?
Bob