Re: function

From: Maynard Wright
Subject: Re: function
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:58:59 -0800

This is correct.  The second paragraph of Section 11.7 of the printed copy of
the "GNU Octave Manual" points out that a script file must not begin with the
keyword "function."

If you add another line before "function" or rearrange the code so that the
function is defined later in the code, but before it is called, you will be
able to define the function in the script file.  Adding a line containing a
single one and a semicolon ("1;") to the beginning of the file should
suffice.

Regards,

Maynard Wright