Re: MLS code for bounty?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: MLS code for bounty?
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:35:40 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Butler <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Butler <address@hidden>
> Subject: MLS code for bounty?
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 8:50 AM
> Hi. I am a sound engineer and need to find someone who can
> help w/ some
> octave programming of an algebraic (I think-my math skills
> are slim to
> none) nature. So this is not a question re: help with
> octave, more a
> question asking whether there is a place where I could
> offer a bounty
> for working code? I could post details but don't want
> to start an
> off-topic discussion... unless I have it wrong and this
> type of
> discussion is OK here?
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Best,
> CDB
>
> --
> Chris D. Butler
>
> address@hidden

What is "algebraic programming" ?

Do you mean symbolic ? I.e. do you mean that you need a program that, when
requested, knows how to do the following conversion (for example):

(a + b) * (c + d) => a * c + a * d + b * c + b * d

?

I.e. do you need a program that knows how to do symbolic transformations
and computations ?

Anyway, I've come across some open source MLS implementations.

Regards,
  Sergei.