uigetfile for Windows

From: Knuhut
Subject: uigetfile for Windows
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:03:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I needed uigetfile (usally known from Matlab) to open arbitrary files in my
application. AFAIK there is no function like that in Octave, so I made one
of my own.

My function works by calling a separate binary exe via 'system' function,
which itself calls the Windows API function 'GetOpenFileName'. Sources and
the VC6 project are included in the attachment.

I'm far away from being a sophisticated programmer and my function is not
fully compatible with Matlab. Anyway it works for me and someone of you
might find it useful.

Ragards
Knut

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20342287/getfilename.zip getfilename.zip