Old versions not available at forge

From: Frank Luis Enrique
Subject: Old versions not available at forge
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:36:57 -0300

Dear List-Members,

I looked for an old version of octave, but it seems that most old
versions have been removed from forge. Is there any other site where I
can find  ALL
versions of octave?

Besides, I have a question about octaves's interface: old versions
(i.e. version 2.1.73)
opened a notepad-type window, while the new versions open the (not
very friendly) windows system symbol (I think this is the name in
english). I prefer the old fashion interface. Is it possible to
configure octave so that it opens a notepad-type window as in previous
versions?

I'm a lecturer at University of Buenos Aires, and I'm just an Octave's
user. Excuse me if the answer to my question is far too obvious.

Thank you very much!
Luis Frank