Re: Failure to compile Octave 3.0.2 on AIX 5.3

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Failure to compile Octave 3.0.2 on AIX 5.3
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:34:26 -0400

On  6-Oct-2008, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On  6-Oct-2008, Alisdair Tullo wrote:
|
| | On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, John W. Eaton wrote:
| | > Oh, if you generate the preprocessed source, it will likely be a large
| | > file, so please just send it directly to me rather than to the list.
| |
| | Attached -- thanks again for looking at this.
|
| Thanks.  Using that, I think I found the source of the problem.
| Please try the following patch.

Oops, this patch does not do what I intended.

David, can you please take a look at this?  The source of the problem
seems to be the extern declarations in the SPARSE_SMSM_BOOL_OP and
SPARSE_MSM_CMP_OP macros in Sparse-op-defs.h.

I don't think these macros should be unconditionally declaring mixed
ops for Complex and double types.  If they include extern declarations
at all, they should probably be of the form

  extern OCTAVE_API SparseBoolMatrix F (const M1::elt_type&, const M2&);

but maybe it would be better to include the generated smx-X-Y.h file
that declares these mixed-type functions in any file that uses these
macros?  To do that will probably require some changes to the
sparse-mk-ops.awk script.  Also, I think the sparse-mk-ops.awk script
is not generating all the necessary functions and declarations.

Thanks,

jwe