Re: remez function (MacOSX)

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: remez function (MacOSX)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:14:07 +0200

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Harbinson, Jeremy
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> Looking over the Signal package
> (http://octave.sourceforge.net/doc/funref_signal.html), the remez function
> is a 'cc' file rather than an 'm' file. I guess that 'cc' files are c files,
> so I will need to compile it in some way, but I haven't a clue how.
>
> Perhaps if I need to ask these questions I should not be thinking of trying
> to compile anything, but which compiler do I need and will it be invoked
> automatically by the package installer, or is it (much) more difficult than
> this?

The easiest way probably is:
grab the package tarball
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/octave/signal-1.0.8.tar.gz?download
start octave in the tarball's directory and type
pkg install -verbose 'signal-1.0.8.tar.gz'
Octave should handle the rest for you. For this to work, you need to have the
octave-dev or similar package installed; this can usually be checked
by trying to run `mkoctfile' from the command prompt.

regards