Re: Why is my Butterworth filter so noisy?

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: Why is my Butterworth filter so noisy?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:27:22 +0200

On 22.09.2008, at 18:12, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

You might be interested in the following:

http://www.nabble.com/ripple-in-Butterworth-filter-created- by-'butter'-(was-"RE%3A-'long-double'-support--")- td17092962.html#a17092962

Ok. So THE recommended way of using butter.m is to not return the filter coefficients, but the have it return the poles, zeros, and the gain. So I'd to the following:

[z,p,g] = butter (...)

Now, how should I use z, p and g to filter my data? I believe I cannot use filter.m with these data.

Matthias