fonts of the function plot

From: Baggett Jonas
Subject: fonts of the function plot
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:52:54 +0200

Hi

I am new with octave and I have octave 3.0.1 with debian testing.

When I do a plot, and would like to add a title, if I write :
octave:22> title('test','fontsize',20)
it works, but if I choose a greater font (e. g. 22), the title isn't displayed
anymore. Then when I would like to save the graph with the command :
octave:10> print('a.png')
And whatever the font size I choosed, the picture is saved with the default
size font.
In order to use another font, before I launch octave, I set the GDFONTPATH
variable :
$ export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu
Then I can have a greater font with :
octave:12> title('test','FontName','DejaVuSansMono','fontsize',32);
And the print command works fine.

Is there a way to set the default plot font ? Because it is annoying that it is
not possible to have a greater font than 20 with the default font.
I set the GNUPLOT_DEFAULT_GDFONT variable :
$ export GNUPLOT_DEFAULT_GDFONT="DejaVuSansMono"
But it didn't work.

I also found a small bug :
This command adds a title to a plot :
octave:2> title('test','FontSize',20)
If I would like to change the title size :
octave:3> title('test','FontSize',12)
That changes the title size, but the mouse coordinates in the bottom left have
now the old size of the title.

Bye
Jonas