Re: cannot start listen command

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: cannot start listen command
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 06:56:18 -0400

On Aug 11, 2008, at 5:05 AM, Sverker Sikström wrote:

Hi

This is probabaly a very simple questions, but I am stuck and new to
Octave. I am trying to run the command 'listen'
(http://octave.sourceforge.net/doc/f/listen.html) on Octave. But it does
not seem to find the command:

octave-3.0.1:46> listen
error: `listen' undefined near line 46 column 1
octave-3.0.1:46>

Have I not installed Octave correctly? I am using mac 0s 10.5. 4. Any
help is appreciated!

Sverker

I haven't tried to do this under Mac OS X, but you'll need to install the sockets package from Octave-Forge. The "listen" command is part of that package (it is not part of Octave's core functions).

        http://octave.sourceforge.net/sockets/index.html

To install see "help pkg"

Ben