Re: Unable to install yapso using pkg install

From: aravind b
Subject: Re: Unable to install yapso using pkg install
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 03:26:45 +0530

You are right, it says I'm using version 2.9.9. But I thought it would install the latest version when i did

$ sudo aptitude install octave2.9-headers libpng12-dev freeglut3-dev

I am sorry if I am missing something that is obvious..that's because, I am new to Linux. I would be thankful if I am told exactly what to do to install the latest version (say 2.9.12) of Octave. I don't find this version on synaptic manager too. It also shows up only 2.9.9. I believe, I cannot install Octave 2.9.12 or 3.0.1 since I am running ubuntu. I have tried installing them manually but without success. The installation process would quit on me after I run make. It just dishes out an error.

Thank you very much.