Re: Octave and OpenCV

From: Abdul Rahman Riza
Subject: Re: Octave and OpenCV
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 09:27:23 +0800

Thanks Soren,

I'v seen Matlab have ability to copy some of its function to Motorola board. I am wondering is it also possible to compile image processing function in Octave then copy it to SBC board with camera attached (as smart camera)?

Riza

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 13:44 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
Quoting Abdul Rahman Riza <address@hidden>:
> Can you share simple c code (with OpenCV)how to read image (as imread)
> and display it (as imshow) using gnuplot ?

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. I don't use Octave and
OpenCV together, I use them seperatly. If you want to use them
together (i.e. calling OpenCV functions from Octave) then you need the
OpenCV SWIG-based package I mentioned in a previous mail.

If you have questions regarding using OpenCV alone, then I recommend
the OpenCV mailing list, which is a friendly and helpful list. In an
attempt to answer your question, I can tell you that the following
Octave program

   im = imread ("myfile.png");
   imshow (im);

roughly corresponds to the following untested OpenCV program

   #include "cv.h"
   #include "highgui.h"

   int main ()
   {
     const char *window_name = "My window name";
     cvNamedWindow (window_name, CV_WINDOW_AUTOSIZE);
     IplImage *im = cvLoadImage ("myfile.png");
     cvShowImage (window, im);
     cvWaitKey (-1);

     return 0;
   }