Re: installing octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: installing octave
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:52:56 +0200

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:23 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
> Sorry, but I am clealry missing something.  I have the files unpacked on my
> desktop but all the config or init files have no subscript and hence windows
> does not recognise them.  I assume that there is an install file somewhere.
> Am I right.

Please tell us where you did find the package you installed.
I suspect that you downloaded and installed the source package
and you try to run it, which of course does not work. If you want
a package that works out-of-the-box, please download the
file octave-3.0.1-vs2008-setup.exe from

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078

Run it and follow the installation procedure.

Michael.