Octave on Windows

From: Divakar Ramachandran
Subject: Octave on Windows
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:09:37 +0530

Is there someplace where the Windows specific directories / folders are
described? I have been looking for info on the correct place to put the
startup commands which on Linux / Unix systems go into .octave. By trial
and error I have found that the file .octaverc is read and executed on
startup on WinXP when placed directly at Documents and Settings\Username
though there is a empty folder named octave at this location. Further,
it is impossible to create a file named .octaverc through Win Explorer.
I created a file octaverc using the GUI and subsequently renamed it
to .octaverc using the command-line.

Maybe this info can be put into the Wiki where it can be useful to other
newbies like me.

Best Wishes,
Divakar