Re: Initializing variables

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Initializing variables
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:53:06 -0400

On Jun 20, 2008, at 8:06 PM, asha g wrote:

I have a program with several variables - all are vectors or matrices.

Now do I initialize the ones I need to save and plot at the beginning of the program or all the variables that are used in the program?
eg - if I need vvvv and abhh do I just write:

vvvv= zeros(niter, N); abhh = zeros(niter,N);

before the start of the script file or shd I do that to each one of them. When niter is large and N is large, this takes up lots of space and slows down operations. However, when I don't do it to all the variables I am not sure what is going on especially as there are many loops inside.

I hope this is clear.
Thanks
Asha

I recommend you initialize all arrays (vectors and matrices).

Ben