Re: Help running Parallel Octave

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Help running Parallel Octave
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 03:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

yanb.me_utsa wrote:

> Hi, I am going to try to run Octave in Parallel using Pelican Linux and
> would like some suggestions.
>
> First it looks like you need Octave MPITB, which I've found the link for
> but it looks broken:
> http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb
>
> There is also this parallel package available at sourceforge, but is it
> the same thing?
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.html
>
> MPITB may be included in Pelican, but I've yet to see.
>
> If those of you with experience in running Parallel Octave could share
> your thoughts and suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

The MPITB link is working for me, I just checked it.  PelicanHPC has MPITB
already installed and ready to use. You can see an octave script using MPITB
at
http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/PelicanHPC/Tutorial/PelicanTutorial.html#Examples

Also, MPITB is not the same as the Parallel package that is part of
octave-forge. I find that MPITB works very well, but I don't have experience
with the octave-forge package, so I can't compare them. For questions
regarding PelicanHPC, please use the forum at
http://www.nabble.com/PelicanHPC-f27162.html

Michael