Fwd: Re: Getting a matlab proggie to work

From: Praedor Atrebates
Subject: Fwd: Re: Getting a matlab proggie to work
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:09:25 -0400

Subject: Re: Getting a matlab proggie to work
Date: Friday 30 May 2008
From: Praedor Atrebates <address@hidden>

On Friday 30 May 2008 08:44:59 you wrote:
> On 29-May-2008, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> | I have some data that I analyze by matlab normally but would like to be
> | able to do it with octave as well (I wont pay >$1000 for ANY software
> | ever).
>
> I think the key feature of Octave is freedom, not price.
>
> jwe

Sure, I get the entire GPL, opensource thing.  That is my main way of doing
things but...when looking at software that costs over $1200, price DOES come
into it and octave's freedom is even nicer when coupled with its free-ness.

praedor

--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more
closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the