Re: More on plotting scattered data

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: More on plotting scattered data
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:05:40 -0500

On 19/05/2008, Jonathan Stickel <address@hidden> wrote:
>  The function "griddata" makes the mapping from random points to a
>  regular (rectangular) mesh trivial.

Rectangular meshes mean that you have some sort of domain where you
have a 2d parametrisation. Often, coming up with that parametrisation
is a pain (e.g. try working with a lake or an irregular coastline).

I'm working with meshless methods right now, so I'd like my plotting
to represent that meshlessness.

I think I'll do this with Octaviz.

Oh, and btw, still working on that segfault and fixing the Octaviz
parser. :-/ I'll see if Dragan could give me some hints, even if he's
not working on the project anymore.

- Jordi G. H.