Change of gset/gplot in octave 3.0

From: Peter Breun
Subject: Change of gset/gplot in octave 3.0
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:14:15 +0200

Hello everybody,

because of the update of the old computer system at our institute, we had a huge jump in the version of the octave installation from an 2.x (I don't know the exact version), to 3.0.1.

My problem now is that I have some octave files for the automatic generation of plots which make extensive use of the gset and gplot commands to generate customized plots with gnuplot. I searched now for some hours for a solution, but I was not able the find a way to set the gnuplot commands within the octave files such that, e.g., the aspect ratio or the axis format can be fully customized.

Is there such a possibility in octave 3.0.1, or do I have to use the built-in commands or gnuplot directly?

Thanks for your help. By the way, I currently use octave 3.0.1 with gnuplot 4.2.3 under MacOS X.

Peter