Re: Question about building under Linux

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: Question about building under Linux
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:14:30 -0600

Other responses in this thread answered the question you asked better
than I can.  One additional thing to note is that you should make sure
all the SuiteSparse (SS) libraries are compiled using the -fPIC
option.  On my 64-bit RHEL WS4 system, this was necessary to get
Octave to link to certain SS libraries properly.  You may have to go
into individual SS component library directories and modify the
Makefiles directly because the SS make environment does not
necessarily pick up things like 'CFLAGS' automatically.

-EJR