Re: laplace transform

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: laplace transform
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:22:42 -0400

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello

Do you need the laplace transform for the control theory?
Sorry I do not have a knowledge about it.

My usages of octave are a ODE solver and solving eigen value problems wave propagation problem.
If you would like to use control theory set, please see the control theory in
the octave manual.

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

That's all I can reply now.

Excuse me my ignorance.

I forwarded your message to address@hidden
Someone might help you.

Regards Tatsuro

=============Dieter Jurzitza wrote
Dear Matsuoka San,
first of all: good morning! I saw postings of you on the octave-help mailing list, so you might probably know: is there a way to calculate laplace transforms with octave? Do you know about any tool set supporting this yet? I only saw tools for matlab so far, but probably you know about. I have complex functions of 5th order and would like to compute the step response.
Thank you very much,

I have been working on an Inverse Laplace transform program

see
http://dougs.homeip.net/qtoctave/ilt.m

after I do some more testing and clean it up I will offer it to Octave
Doug Stewart

PS If you try it let me know if you have problems.