Re: Best way to use Octave in external application

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Best way to use Octave in external application
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 19:11:07 +0100

On 08/apr/08, at 18:05, Francesco Cat wrote:
Hi all,
I am planning to create a standalone C++ or Java application. I would
like to use Octave for various tasks, such as calculus and linear
system analysis.
What is the best choice do do this? I have tried using sockets but I
got nothing working (poor documentation and no examples at all).

If your application will be distributed under the terms of a GPL compatible license you can link to the liboctave library or even embed Octave in your program alltogether. If your application is not going to be free software sockets communication is actually the best I can think of.
c.