Re: Starting Octave Windows XP

From: Michael J. McCann
Subject: Re: Starting Octave Windows XP
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:59:52 +0000

Tatsuro,
Thank you for your help. I also got some pointers from others (a very helpful community!) and I can see what you did, so that is helpful. It looks as if I'm trapped by the inability of Octave to follow CD instructions when the folder names contain spaces. I don't give files or folders such names, but Windows XP Home does and, what's more, it doesn't list the short form in DOS command window DIR listings.
        Maybe you have a way to avoid it or your system is better set up.
Thank you,
Mike.