Re: ?

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: ?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:29:02 -0600

Doug Stewart wrote:
Enrico Bedogni wrote:
hi,

maybe it's a stupid question but i'm just started to use octave and i don't
know if there is sonthing like simulink (as in matlab)
i wuold be happy if someone can resolve this problem given that i've to use
that at university.

thanks

bedo

No. Octave does not have simulink.

Take a look at Scilab
In Scilab there is an application called  Scicos  this is like simulink.
I use Octave for all my laplace functions and Scicos for simulink type calculations.

Doug
I thought the official question was to point folks to flowdesigner or scicraft ?
http://flowdesigner.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

In principle, one can start off adding objects to FlowDesigner and convert
them to Octave objects -OR- generate equivalent M-file/code thats runnable
later. Its bound to be very interesting project, given license compatibility etc.

But to answer your question, nothing exists with tight integration. Not right
now.

Best,
Muthu