Re: local octave file where to put?

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: local octave file where to put?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:27:41 +0800

zhengquan zhang wrote:
Hello octave users:
I have downloaded a user written octave file scatter.m, but where is
the suitable place for me to put it in.

thanks.
Zhengquan

Hello,

It really doesn't matter as long as octave can find it. However, some sort of hierarchy may help if you have a lot of them. You can take a look at how octave organize its m-files.

I personally have a $HOME/octave directory for locally build packages and miscellaneous stuff and this line in my ~/.octaverc

addpath(genpath("/home/st/octave"));

Regards,
ST