Re: ODF spreadsheets

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: ODF spreadsheets
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:39:37 -0600

On 17/01/2008, Mats Hedlund <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there any work being done for import/export to ODF spreadsheets?

Not that am I aware of, but do you really need it? Can't you use CSV
format instead?

Spreadsheets havea  lot of extra data that isn't easily representable
in Octave anyways (formulae, formatting, cells that are more than one
column or row wide....). If you just want the numbers, you should be
able to use CSV to both import and export.

Or if you *really* want Octave to read ODF spreadsheets, well, it
wouldn't be difficult except that we might have to add gzip to
Octave's build dependencies.

- Jordi G. H.